We all know there is no such thing as a “perfect” part – that’s why we use tolerances to determine the acceptable variation for each part. However, tolerancing is a balancing act. If the tolerances are too tight, then the cost of each part goes up. If the tolerances are too loose, then the parts may not fit or perform as expected.
Is this preview for you?
- Do you use Inventor Professional as part of Product Design and Manufacturing Collection?
- Are you interested in analyzing tolerance stack-ups in a single linear direction (1D) directly inside Inventor?
- Do you need to consider the effects of clearances around fasteners and pins which may result in assembly shift and variation when locating one part relative to another?
- Would you like to automate calculating Worst-case, Root Sum of Squares or General Statistical results?
- Do you want to understand the relationships between dimensional variation and functional requirements?
- Would you like to generate tolerance stack-up reports automatically?
By applying for access to this project, you have the ability to access the preview to try pre-release functionality, post your feedback in the user discussion forums, and stay up-to-date with the latest developments concerning Inventor Tolerance Analysis. Your feedback is very valuable to the team and can have a direct impact on future releases.